It has been too long since I made a real blog post – things have been a bit crazy here – one of those seasons where you know you are burning the candle at both ends, but there is an end in sight! My husband and I have a weekend getaway scheduled for June (this little vacation is long over due – over 3 years since our last one!), so we just have a few more weeks of craziness! Things that have been keeping us and mom busy:
(Sorry for the dark photos – clearly mom and I create at night and then take our pics when there is no sunlight….we need to have an outdoor photo shoot one of these days now that it is getting warmer!)
1. Working on getting started building our new home – sooo excited and a bit nervous all at the same time!
2. Our little nugget turns 1 in a month…so I have been working on birthday invites and party plans – thankful for Pinterest! Pretty happy with our invites and I was able to continue my tradition of some kind of rhyme – “Hungry for some birthday fun? JD is turning one! Crawl on over for lots of fun!” I bought two of the fabric panels, but I haven’t made them in to anything yet – pretty sure I know what I am going to do so I will post pics once I finish them 🙂
3. Projects for our first festival – pouches are on the agenda for this weekend along with finishing up the Bartholomeow’s Reef Quilt 🙂
4. Getting our first wholesale fabric orders together – we will have some special offers for precuts and some custom cut bundles soon! The picture below is a sneak peak of a few of the bolts we got 🙂
5. Filling orders
6. Finishing up my first two quilt patterns (anyone interested in pattern testing the second one???)
We did get to spend some time with family for Easter. Mom and I went to her local quilt stores and got some fabrics for upcoming projects (there are two alphabet quilts in the future – hopefully done by the fall but if not Christmas!) Loved the Moda Spell it With Fabric Blog Hop and can’t wait to make my own version of the Alphabet Quilt for some special little ones! Of course we also bought a few more quilt patterns too….because we didn’t already have enough on our wish list 🙂 I love that we can share of love of all things crafty together!
We hope you had a wonderful Easter!