**Name is courtesy of my husband 🙂
I have worked on this recipe over the last 6 years – trying different ingredients and different amounts. I love my final recipe – in fact, most days I have it for lunch and our 3 year old LOVES it too! I am not one who usually measures things out exactly, but I made sure to measure things today in order to share this recipe. It is a forgiving recipe – if you use a little more or less – it will still turn out great!
- 16 oz Frozen chopped spinach – thaw ahead (*you can use fresh if you would prefer – it does change the taste a little, but it still tastes great)
- 8 oz Softened 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 3/4 C Plain greek yogurt
- 1 to 1 1/4 C Mild white cheddar cheese (*I prefer Organic Valley – the taste is amazing!)
- Heaping spoon minced garlic or 3 cloves
- 1/2 teas dill weed
- 1/4 teas salt
- 1/4 teas pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out any extra water. If you forget to thaw the spinach completely, you can get away with using it partially frozen. Once we had our second son, I realized that I tend to forget to thaw the spinach more than an hour before I want to make the dip, so I tried it and it still works for me 🙂
- Mix the softened cream cheese and Greek yogurt with a blender until combined well.
- Add in garlic, dill weed, salt, pepper, cheese, and spinach and stir till evenly mixed.
- Place in baking dish – I usually use an 8×8 pan, but you could use any square, round, or small rectangular dish.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes – till top is golden and dip is heated through.
Then enjoy! I love to eat it with Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips, but any chip, cracker, or even veggies works well!